- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Branch Operations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
DRIVER - LOCAL DELIVERY
Daikin Comfort Technologies Distribution, Inc. is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Local Delivery Driver position for our Branch Operations group located at our Los Angeles, CA branch.
The Driver is responsible for safe operation of company trucks for timely delivery of products to customer and company locations. The driver will safely load, unload and transfer products as needed utilizing various equipment and forklifts within the branch location, trucks/trailers and customer sites. The driver will need to have effective and high quality customer service skills as well as assist the branch/warehouse operations as needed with warehouse duties and front counter duties. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careers.daikincomfort.com/ and submitting your resume.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.
May include, in addition to;
- Load, unload and deliver product to customer sites within designated time frames safely using the most efficient routes as possible
- Maintain required logs and reports necessary to maintain compliance with DOT and Company policies relating to safety standards and operation of delivery vehicles, forklifts etc.
- Safely load and properly block, brace, and secure the cargo.
- Strong knowledge of driving/traffic and transportation laws, regulations and ensure continuous compliance while operating the truck(s).
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently to transfer, load, unload product – ensure accurate product and quantity of product is being loaded into customer
- Perform pre-check and post-check operations of Company vehicles and forklifts per required procedures
- Perform warehouse duties and ensure accurate product and quantity of product is being loaded / transferred for customers
- Notify the manager immediately of any accidents, damage, violations and areas of concerns to implement corrective measures and/or actions
- Follow good housekeeping and safety practices
- Heavy lifting required
- Act as the warehouse and/or front counter back up as needed
- Perform additional duties as needed
Knowledge & Skills:
- Safe driving skills; proven abilities to safely operate a flat bed or box truck
- Must meet and pass DOT standards
- Ability to successfully pass forklift training and delivery truck driving tests through our Prove it Pass it training within 30 working days of start date
- Ability to safely load/transfer product in/to designated locations in a timely manner without causing damage
- High level of attention to detail and surroundings
- Ability to follow all policies and established practices for branch, driving and warehouse operations.
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Must be compliant and results oriented.
- Be dependable, work well in a team environment, and establish positive working relationships with employees and customers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer skills including data entry to process transactions and generate reports and orders
- Able to multi-task well with the ability to assist in warehouse or front counter or a branch as needed
- Must be reliable and dependable; and able to work assigned hours and days.
- 3 plus consecutive years of driving a commercial vehicle
- Current Valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- 2 plus years of warehouse / logistics experience is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent (for example GED)
- Previous training on operating forklifts and delivery trucks is highly preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Daily travel to/from branch and customer sites by driving company truck.
Pay $22.00 - $24.40
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities #ZRCA