At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor and/or the Lead Craft Specialist, the Craft Specialist repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances, using hand tools and testing instruments to supply electrical power to lighting and equipment operations. Sets priorities and handles multiple projects or assignments and meets completion schedules within established objectives. Complete assigned service workorders, and preventive maintenance using the department workorder system. Uses various hand tools and testing instruments to accomplish assigned tasks. Reports appropriate corrections/repairs and make referrals to the appropriate Operations Supervisor, Lead Craft Specialist, Hospitality Center or specialty shops. Performs other related duties as required.
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication and power circuits, and equipment.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment, using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp.
- Examines and tests such elements of systems as distribution panels, controls, circuit fixtures, and motors to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, worn motor brushes and magnetic starters.
- Repairs electrical circuits and equipment. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures, and appliances.
- Dismantles electrical machinery with handtools and unsolders or unscrews wiring connections. Replaces such defective mechanical parts as gears, bushings, and bearings and such related electrical parts as brushes, armatures, commutators, and transformers.
- Installs new wiring and electrical machinery. Studies blueprints and diagrams to ascertain layout, location, and specifications of items to be installed. Estimates quantities of materials needed and prepares requisitions.
- Participate in weekly generator testing.
- High School Diploma/GED - Preferred
- Two (2) plus years' at an apprentice level of the craft or trade experience
- Electrical and Mechanical background.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement.
- C-10 California Electrical Contractor License - Or - Certified General Electrician Certification from the State of California
Working Title: Craft Specialist, Electric Shop - Electric Maintenance - Full Time
Department: Electric Maintenance
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Facilities
Job Specialty: Maintenance
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$36.56 - $58.50