At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for multiple On-Site ASIC and/or FPGA Design and Verification Engineers (Entry Level, Associate and Experienced) to join us as part of our Boeing Electronic Products team located in El Segundo, CA and at the heart of Boeing’s products; ASICs and FPGAs.
This role does not allow hybrid or remote scheduling and is 100% on-site in El Segundo, CA.
Our team is currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including; Associate, Experienced, and Lead ASIC/FPGA Engineers.
Our Electronics Products team goal is to be Boeing’s sole source for electronics and have grown by over 400% with significant opportunities to support more Boeing Platforms. We seek multiple leadership level engineers who are ambitious and will thrive in a technology development environment and can work the full spectrum from research through flight insertion. We’re highly supportive of innovative thinking, we respect and acknowledge hard work, we recognize maturity and integrity, and we reward bottom-line achievement. At Boeing, we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. #TheFutureIsBuiltHere
Our diverse development portfolio provides opportunities to learn with exposure to the breadth of the Boeing product line – approximately half our design work is within the Space & Launch business unit, and half is from other parts of Boeing (AvionX; Missiles & Weapons; Strike, Surveillance and Mobility; and Autonomous Systems).
As an Associate, Experienced, or Lead ASIC/FPGA Engineer on the Boeing Electronic Products team you will work with a growing team and develop state-of-the-art digital ICs/SoCs to support the most critical programs across the Boeing Defense and Security enterprise. We collaborate with other electronics groups across the company and around the world and support ASIC/FPGA design and verification for electronics that we build in El Segundo or for units designed at other sites.
- Architect, implement, and verify digital and mixed signal solutions, utilizing custom and commercial IP across the ASIC and FPGA domains.
- Structure high-level architectural documentation and develop detailed implementation and verification approaches, implementing in SystemVerilog and verifying within a team environment, using UVM.
- Maintain detailed requirements and specifications for electronic products.
- Develop detailed designs and prepare comprehensive design documentation.
- Conduct various testing and analysis methods to support design integrity.
- Capture data for technical performance measures and perform basic analysis.
- Provide engineering support throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Conduct trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Apply system requirements understanding to architect block-level design specifications.
- Perform HDL coding, logical equivalency checking, static timing analysis, CDC, and linting.
- Integrate third-party IP into the design.
- Create self-checking and reusable test benches from scratch, incorporating Object-Oriented Programming concepts such as inheritance and polymorphism.
- Develop functional coverage models and ensure code coverage closure.
- Lead the analysis of customer and system requirements, and develop architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Lead the development of high-level and detailed designs aligned with requirements and specifications.
- Lead reviews of testing and analysis activities to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Identify, track, and monitor technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance.
- Lead activities in support of Supplier Management, including make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinate engineering support throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Plan research projects to develop concepts for future product designs that meet projected requirements.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time; Domestically and/or Internationally depending on business needs.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
Bachelors degree or higher in engineering, computer science, or physics
Meet Export Control Requirements
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
Experience with Hardware-based integration and test of ASIC/FPGA designs
- Professional experience with hardware-based integration and test of ASIC/FPGA designs
- Proven record of leading ASIC/FPGA design and/or verification teams, including tracking and reporting progress to stakeholders
- Experience with hardware emulators, especially Palladium
- Proficiency with hardware verification languages: System Verilog, System Verilog Assertions
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming Concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Ability to create test plans and self-checking and reusable testbenches from scratch
- Experience developing Functional Coverage Models and Closing Code Coverage
- Experience with high-speed Serdes interfaces (JESD204C, PCIe, Ethernet)
- Proficient in scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, etc.
- Revision Control Systems: svn, cvs, git
- Proficient in Linux Environments
- Familiarity with space-based design techniques and radiation mitigation
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Typical Summary Pay Range:
Summary pay range for Entry Level: $70,550 - $95,450
Summary pay range for Associate Level: $85,850 - $116,150
Summary pay range for Experienced Level: $102,850 – $139,150
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award