Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts manage every facet of risk and across industries to help clients anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face.
Recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting people from within our organization is a foundational element of Marsh’s talent strategy. We know that diverse thought leadership and experience on our teams is the winning combination and we are committed to advancing our efforts to ensure that we are a company where all colleagues feel they belong and can thrive and contribute their best.
Our Senior Representatives in Advisory, Account Management and Placement are responsible for preparing presentations and programs; supporting the renewal process and participating in renewal strategy meetings; generating submissions for markets and analyzing quotes; and responding to client questions.
We are seeking a Senior Representative for our Los Angeles, CA in our Casualty Department.
What can you expect?
- Become a member of Marsh's best in class team, delivering expert broking and strategy solutions to help clients manage risk with confidence
- Receive on the job, online, and formal training to ensure success and engagement in this role
- An opportunity for long term growth within a dynamic and growing business unit
- Ability to make an immediate impact within the organization.
- Work alongside highly experienced colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
- Exposure to key stakeholders and have the ability to make strong business connections.
What is in it for you?
- Opportunities to take risks, innovate and disrupt. Marsh is agile and resilient – our goal is to invest in you by training on soft and technical skills to prepare you for opportunities in different areas of our business.
- A company with an exceptional, global brand and proven results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with diverse counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance based bonus potential), full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution).
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance.
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We will count on you to:
- Perform complex clerical functions, including but not limited to, scanning, word processing and electronic filing using various software programs to assist Advisory colleagues.
- Engage in Marsh conference calls, internal meetings and training to maintain understanding of the business of our clients.
- Assist in the creation of presentations and program submissions, including coverage specifications, in collaboration with Advisory colleagues.
- Assist in preparing proposal components including the analysis of: pricing, coverage terms and conditions, services, quote comparisons, financing, commentary and recommendations.
- Monitor the renewal and binder control system to ensure things are progressing according to schedule.
- Request follow-up for changes from underwriters to ensure coverage is correct.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with clients and team colleagues to effectively service clients and market contact and assist the Advisory colleagues.
- Understands and complies with compliance and transparency standards.
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in administrative support and/ or customer service
- Broker licensed a plus OR able and willing to obtain within 60 days of hire
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, matrixed environment
- High attention to detail and collaborative skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants must have legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Insurance industry experience
- Individuals who have strong interpersonal skills, agile, possess cross-cultural acumen, and strong analytical and influencing skills.
- We want people who are highly engaged and curious. At Marsh you have the opportunity to have diverse experiences across different segments, risk practices and specialties. The ability to explore and engage is critical to be successful in this environment.
- We are also a very relationship-based culture and company. We rely and leverage each other to produce the best results.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $49,400 to $105,400.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, education, and any applicable minimum wage requirements. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.